The Network Systems and Science Research Laboratory performs cutting-edge research in the fields of Network Science and Complex Systems, Big Data Analytics, Social Networks, and Computer Networks.
The research topics investigated by the faculty members of the Lab include:
- Geometric approaches to the analysis of large-scale networks and big data;
- Self-organized systems (e.g., social, Internet, and brain networks): properties, evolution, realistic topology generators, future/missing link prediction, community detection;
- Mathematical physics of networks (Hamiltonian/Lagrangian dynamics); (iv) navigation/routing in the Internet and other complex systems;
- Statistical inference methods and hyperbolic mapping of real networks;
- Network performance analysis and large-scale simulation;
- Software-Defined-Networks (SDN)
- Device-centric Access Control;
- Dynamic Scaling for DBaaS systems;
- Exploiting social trust to secure OSN systems.
The Lab is equipped with a cluster of 15 powerful PCs and 3 servers, 23 CISCO (2910/11) routers, and 20 CISCO switches.
- Perform world-class and cutting-edge research by applying both theoretical and practical approaches.
- Conduct high-quality research, and promote the scientific and technological knowledge in Internet Computing, and in particular Network Science, Online Social Networking and Social Media, Web Technologies and Large Scale Data Management, Security and Privacy.
- Support undergraduate (B.Sc.) and graduate theses (M.Sc., Ph.D.) conducted under the faculty members of the Laboratory.
- Promote applications of Network Systems and Science Research Laboratory in Cyprus through support and know-how/transfer of knowledge/technology to local users of Network Systems and Science Research Laboratory technologies.
- Secure research funding from national and international funding agencies.
- Organise University Seminars, Training Events, Scientific Workshops, Demos, Summer Schools, Online Courses and Conferences in Cyprus.
Copyright © 2016 NetSySci